Much to my surprise I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the fabulous Noemi at WeBelieveinStyle Go check out her original post, it’s always enlightening to get to know more about the bloggers we follow. I’m truly honoured by the nomination as it was so unexpected.
So I will get right to the point and answer the questions she posted.
1. Who’s your favorite blogger and why?
Too many to mention. Depends on the topic. This list would be endless.
RelaxedHairhealth.com – hair, beauty, style and motivation
Thebeautylookbook.com – makeup reviews
2. What’s your favorite book?
I have so many! But I would say that the book I have read the most is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I also like reading books that scare me, such as Your Body’s Many Cries for Water by Batmanghelidj, Fereydoon, you will want a bottle of water close by when you read it.
3. If you could live in the past, just for one week, which historic period would you choose?
It depends, I like the style and grace of the fashion circa 1950s, but as a woman of African descent, it might not be the best period to choose. So for the most part I have to say that I live for the now. Maybe a few weeks ago, when I was on holiday.
4. Who’s your favorite designer?
This one is tough, I like Balmain but think it’s overpriced and impractical; Coco Chanel -the early years; Karl Lagerfeld, but only sometimes and of course Christian Dior during the New Look era. Small waists, perky bosoms and big skirts – what’s not to LOVE! And, a bit more modern, I’ve been delighted by Victoria Beckham.
5. If you could have one accessory, whatever the price is, what would it be?
I want to say a Birkin 25cm, but I’m not the Birkin type. So, for now I will say the Chanel Boy Bag in Caviar. Tomorrow it will be something different!
6. The three make up (or beauty) products you can’t live without?
Eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick. For beauty products I will say sunscreen, glycolic acid serums and mascara (I look a little ill without it).
7. If you could spend one day with one celebrity or artist, writer, designer, who would you choose?
Writer – Jane Austen, her creativity leaves me in awe. I’ve read all her books multiple times, and each time i discover some new and clever thing.
Artist – Frida Kahlo, her use of colour and the beauty of her self-portraits. It takes a certain self-possession to create those masterful self-portraits. I love her.
Designer – Coco Chanel, so I could learn how to dress myself and create such a lasting legacy and fantasy about my life.
Celebrity… not really into celebrities. I guess Iman, a fellow African who conquered the world!
8. What’s your favorite city?
Is it becoming obvious that I can’t have just one answer for each question?
Chicago – just big enough not to overwhelm the soul.
London – for the history and the shopping.
And of course, Gaborone, city of my birthplace.
9. Who’s your fashion icon (if you have one)?
Audrey Hepburn, Sometimes Dita VonTeese, Natasha Bernard of fashionablyfab.com. I love how their sexiness is so classy and elegant, and leaves a little mystery.
10. What’s your favorite music?
Old school Kwaito music from South Africa, some classical music, and music from musicals. No music/songs where folks are calling me the N-word or the B-word. NONE.
11. Define yourself using three words.
Loving. Chatterbox. Opinionated.
So, the thing about the Liebster award is you have to pass it forward by nominating other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to participate. It’s really an excellent way of discovering new bloggers and readers. For my list I nominate the following:
And then you have to come up with your own set of questions.
1. Who is your favourite blogger.
2. If you could be any character, in any movie, who would you be?
3. What is your favourite beauty product?
4. What is your most-used beauty secret?
5. What do you think is the most USELESS beauty tip you have ever received?
6. Who motivates you to live your best life?
7. Are you living your best life?
8. Why, or why not?
9. If you could have any bag/purse in the world, what would you choose.
10. Define your blog using three words.
Thanks so much for stopping by! And stay blessed.