As I get ready to focus on my beauty goals for 2015 – yes I know, shallow, but it is what it is – I thought it best to identify my 7 deadly beauty sins in an effort to wash them away and start anew this year.
1. Sleeping with Make-up on – I cringe just typing that. Honestly, I deserve to be shot over this one, I know better. I can do better. Tomorrow. And just to be sure I’ve repurchased my favourite make-up remover from Chanel.
2. Not Drinking enough Water – I could be blamed, especially on the weekend, for believing too much in the story of Jesus turning water into wine (and forever making wine as good as water), I am that bad at staying hydrated. And I like water, I really do, as far as I’m concerned it’s the cure for everything, especially hangovers. I must do better now.
3. Washing my make-up brushes… rarely – see those pics of me with clean brushes on instagram. You didn’t see them! Yep. Moving on. My resolution here is to give the task over to my 5 year old, she’s very industrious with these types of tasks, win-win situation!
4. Not exfoliating my skin on a regular basis – It’s so easy to see the benefits of exfoliation on my skin, but do I exfoliate as often as I should? NO. It’s really a matter of logistics, exfoliation tools never seem to be around when I think of it. I’m in the process of having our bathrooms redone. I promise to commit to better product placement as soon as this is done.
5. Squeezing the whiteheads on my nose and marveling at the gunk that comes out – I’ve still to figure out the fascination with this one. But ooh, no matter what I do to “clean” said pores on my nose, once or twice a week I get the little white bumps on my nose and boy am I thrilled to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. It’s disgusting, and yet I’m mesmerized. Quite frankly I don’t know if this is one I can stop, the satisfaction is enormous. However, I will commit to using tissue to squeeze for hygiene sake.
6. Trying out too many different samples – I swear, I rip through samples of skincare products as a kindergartener ripping through Halloween candy. I always wish/pray that the next two-bit sample is exactly what my skin is looking for. I go through so many samples that half the time I couldn’t even tell you which ones are actually working, and thus i never actually buy a full-size product based on a sample. Well, very rarely. Instead I stick to the same products year in and out.
7. Not blogging enough! I apologize for being MIA with the posts, it’s been a very hectic past few months at work and I’m afraid I’ve let the blog suffer. I promise to do better this year.
There you have it. What are your deadly beauty sins? Will you keep squeezing, I mean keep at them, or have you made the resolution that you wont carry this bad behaviour through into 2015?