I think I’m over it…. Sephora Play and the whole subscription box game. For a variety of reasons. And I know I am not the only one as I start to see more blog posts and videos that are against subscription boxes. Do we really need to keep receiving the Sephora Play box every month or is Sephora Play all played out?
- the price – I pay $10.86 a month. That’s almost $132 a year for samples that i didnt choose nor need, nor really use all that much. For that amount of money, I could splurge on one holy grail item that I always tell myself is too expensive, or I can buy myself quite a bit of makeup that i actually truly want.
- I don’t use about 75% of what’s in the box. Truly, its rare that I use up an item in the box let alone two.
- Instead i end up throwing them in my makeup storage, purses, gym bag, etc. Leading to unimaginable clutter. Believe me, I’m no minimalist, but i do need a certail limit on how many items are in my stash. Right now, I’m over-run with mini-lipsticks, mini-primers and eyeliners.
- The rest of the time, the proudcts are unsuitable. Lipsticks in bright colours or those terrible nudes that make one look like a dead fish. I end up giving these to my daughter in an attempt to keep her off my good stuff (never works).
- And some of this stuff I just simply don’t need. I don’t need another hair mask full of silicones. Or look, products for those with oily skin? Nope, not needed.
Sigh, while I am very tempted to pull the plug and stop being played by the Sephora Play box, I also know my weakness for IG marketing. July is going to roll around and I’m going to see all the pics of the latest Sephora Play box and I am going to feel left out. I’m ashamed to admit but its true, it happned to me with the Ipsy box. I wasn’t in love with it at all, but i only weaned myself off Ipsy but getting addicted to Sephora Play box instead. I’m totally the one gettin gplayed!