*All items purchased with my own money!
Everyone has their go to summer beauty staples, I know I have items that I rely upon to keep me flawless throughout the summer. Let’s be honest, even for dry chicks, summer humidity and heat can play a number on all of us. Here are my five favourite summer beauty staples.
Welcome to the lovely ladies from Visible Monday!
1. Caudalie Grape Water Spray – there’s nothing better than this for those hot summer days. Now I live in what we like to call a “Dry” heat, no humidity, but temps will easily reach 115 for days on end. Having this on hand to spritz on to my face/hair while I sit in my equally drying air-conditioned space is a life saver. I also like to stick it in the fridge before we hit the pool for some cooling while we bake and tan.
2. Dior Capture Totale Dreamskin Skin Cushion with SPF 50. This has very quickly reached holy grail status for me. A full review is in the works but what i like best is the portability and the light coverage. I deplore heavy foundations during the summer, watching people’s faces melt and sweat away is so unappealing to me so i prefer to stick with my very light foundations during this time. Close second is my other holy grail and super light foundation – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow foundation. While I realize these may be more suitable for folks with less blemishes, I think sometimes we have to focus on skincare as the basis of a good makeup day.
3. Powder – While I am lucky not to become an oily blob during the summer, I do tend to look more shinier than usual. I like to dust a bit more than usual during the summer to maintain a flawless look. I’ve just cracked open my second Chanel les Beiges Powder for blotting purposes. I can’t speak for its mattifying quality but it does give a nice finish and that barely-there look.
4. Hourglass Bronzing Powder. I like this because it’s not a shiny, shimmery, glittery mess. It actually just leaves a nice subtle glow to the face. I did buy the darker of the two available shades and use this just add A little bit of glow to my face without looking like an Instagram harlot.
5. Burberry Cat Lashes. This is a new found love for me, picked up during the recent Nordstrom Mascara Madness event. It’s been a while since I have tried and immediately fallen in love with a high-end mascara but this one hit all main points for me. It adds great volume, doesn’t flake and gives my short stumpy lashes some ommph. (Review pending).
Honorable mention goes to the Supergoop sunscreen. Please tell me you use sunscreen. I don’t care how much melanin you have or how vitamin D deficient you are, a good sunscreen during the summer (and winter) months is always recommended. you would be surprised how much sun you get without even trying.
What are your favorite summer beauty staples leave a comment below play but like to know what you hear.